Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As Staff Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a critical & senior member Aetions engineering organization. As Aetions products continue to scale, we are writing the next chapter in our ability to innovate & operate with efficiency & maturity. You will be an instrumental part of us continuing down this path.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will own Aetions infrastructure which is cloud-based, containerized, & managed through Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You will split your time between engineering projects (maturing our infrastructure & automation) & supporting day to day operations (such as provisioning infrastructure & providing production support). The team has great things in place but also has strong ambitions about what else we want to achieve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or Software Engineering roles.
- Ability to develop in Python, Golang, or other programming languages.
- Experience in IaC tools & languages such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or CloudFormation.
- Experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability & scalability, exude ownership, & dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Flexibility to both improve what we have in motion & to innovate on new capabilities.
- Exposure to distributed systems & CI/CD (Jenkins).
- Experience with containerized workloads (Docker & Kubernetes).
- Experience with Computer Networking.
- Experience with Java debugging, tracing, & profiling.
- Experience with provisioning of NoSQL databases, big data platforms, & relational databases.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum environment.
About Aetions Site Reliability Engineering Team:
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, & 401(k) match
- Company Accolades Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.