Were looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Pulsar team. Site Reliability Engineers scale our AWS infrastructure & tooling to deliver innovative traffic management services to our customers. SREs work magic by fusing together operational discipline with a deep understanding of systems, networks, automation, & scaling. They amplify developers by working closely together to ship observable applications. SREs see the future by building a well-instrumented production environment that signals trouble well before any customer is affected. SREs are empowered to make any changes necessary to deliver reliable, resilient services. They will also assist fellow Software Engineers in kubernetes & AWS best practices as well as being able to successfully drive change.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
Pulsar is an active traffic steering engine that utilizes last-mile performance data from real end users to optimize traffic delivery. Pulsar automates traffic routing to improve the quality of experience of every end user by sending them to the most performant content delivery network or data centre.
Pulsar solves complex problems in Video Streaming, optimizing the quality of experience for all viewers while helping broadcasters & content providers get the most from their infrastructure investment by simplifying multi-CDN orchestration. Were continuing to innovate in this space to solidify our place as a market leader.
Ideally, youll bring:
- Strong AWS experience preferred (other cloud provider experience may be considered)
- Expertise in working with Kubernetes within a managed provider
- Proficient with Docker & able to write as well as debug Docker files
- Experience in containerized applications optimally running in a Docker/Kubernetes environment
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Ability to effectively collaborate with developers to design modern internet infrastructure for operability, including metrics, logging, observability, automation, etc.
- Strong operational knowledge of Linux systems, security, networking, & automation
- Expertise in troubleshooting & performance tuning
- Extra kudos for experience with:
- AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, IAM)
- Domain Name System, DNS tools & protocol
- Ansible or other configuration management
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Telegraf
- Hashicorp tools (terraform, nomad, vault, consul)
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Experience in one or more of Bash, Golang, Python and/or C++
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.