This is a contract role scheduled to last approximately three months
VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly & daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & a TV network, VICELAND.
The Accounts Payable (APA) Associate is responsible for accurately entering invoices for all Vice Media entities.
- Processes accounts payable transactions by ensuring accuracy, entering all bills inNetsuite
- Assemble & file documents digitally
- Contact internal & external vendors regarding any issues with invoices & following up with any discrepancies.
- Answer inquiries about payments & invoices from vendors & customers.
- May perform other basic clerical duties associated with Accounts Payable
- May perform other basic clerical duties to support the Finance department.
- Strong communication/ organization skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a flexible environment
- Effective decision-making & analytical skills
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Proficient to advanced PC Skills including (but not limited to) MS Word, MS Excel, email
- Must demonstrate organization & prioritization skills, for time management
- Detailed oriented teammate who is adaptable to change
- Ability to understand & interpret invoices, statements & other requests for payment
- Requires minimal supervision/ ability to work independently on assigned tasks & receive directive.
Education / Experience:
- Two year degree or equivalent work experience in a similar environment required; Bachelor level degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience preferred
- Three years' experience in a high volume/fast-paced accounts payable environment ; Working knowledge and/or experience with Netsuite preferred
- General knowledge of basic accounting principals
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.