Okta is an extensible identity platform & our services allow developers at companies of all sizes to integrate Okta into their own applications. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our CIAM Products Team.
The CIAM Products Engineering group is responsible for building products that purely solve problems for CIAM customers with the goals of making identity simple & seamless. The products will be built with ease of use in mind & allow customers to solve hard problems including fine grained authorization between microservices, first party consent for compliance purposes, & customized end-user experiences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology & delivering highly impactful customer-oriented products & solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or identity.
This is an opportunity to either leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in identity & platform development or to leverage your experience developing identity products while building new skills in cloud platform development.
Our elite team is fast, innovative & flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle & individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers & reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies & the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud & delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, & maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, & built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform & integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, & identity management systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design & implement core, high-performance, scalable software components & APIs
- Experience working in Agile software development organizations leveraging continuous integration & deployment practices
- Analyze & refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & dev evangelists
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience in an object-oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience in RESTful API design
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication & authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth & OpenID Connect
- Experience building PAAS infrastructure and/or
- Experience with Java, Spring & Hibernate and/or
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
Education & Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field