Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Project Manager at Purpose, you will work jointly with the Project Lead(s) & Project Principal(s) to successfully deliver projects to our clients while keeping Purpose accountable & disciplined internally. You will report to the Head of Project Management, based in Purpose's New York office. Candidates who can begin immediately are strongly encouraged to apply. The role is offered at the Associate Level.
Project Management - As an Associate Project Manager, you will manage the day-to-day communication & operational aspects of our projects. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all tactical or operational questions about the project within Purpose, from clients, & from vendors/freelancers.
- Create & maintain detailed timelines / work plans for all project deliverables & key milestones; hold delivery teams (i.e. strategy, campaigns, creative, freelancers, vendors) accountable to project plans.
- Track project budget finances & staff hours consistently & accurately based on time management system (10,000FT) within project budget tracker spreadsheets.
- Identify stakeholders & attendees for crucial recurring & ad-hoc discussions; capture meeting notes & escalate communications (as needed) between Client & Purpose teams to align on expectations, roles, goals, & solutions for roadblocks.
- Deliver project status updates to internal teams & clients jointly with the Project Lead(s).
- Support the Project Lead(s) in preparing project kickoffs, weekly client check-ins, & pause & reflect sessions to identify & capture recommendations for future execution.
- Own the coordination of Project Start / Midpoint / Close meetings with Managing Director, VP of Finance, Project Principal & Project Lead.
- Support ad-hoc project needs, including CMS content population, CMS walkthroughs, & functional QA testing on websites.
Internal Operations - In addition to project work, you will help keep the internal operational wheels of Purpose turning by:
- Working closely with Resource & Operations Manager to confirm staffing allocations; gather critical information to inform freelancer & vendor contracts.
- Gathering & summarizing key takeaways for Project Dashboards (to share insights on projects team/client/financial health) that inform our Executive team
- Working closely with our Finance team to confirm the accuracy & schedule of invoices (client, freelancers, & vendors) in our approval management system (Nexonia).
- Working closely with the Head of Project Management to capture feedback throughout the project lifecycle & to contribute to the iteration of existing processes aimed at making project delivery more effective.
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, agency environment (i.e. professional services, creative agencies, consulting, or SaaS implementation), demonstrating a consistent ability to deliver against project plans on time & on budget.
- Ability to be diplomatic & solutions-oriented under stress; demonstrate impeccable communication skills (written/verbal) & interpersonal skills (listening/empathy)
- Excellent track record of time management, systems organization, & follow-up
- Agility & flexibility towards evolving responsibilities & last minute project changes
- A confident facilitator to coordinate discussions between multiple internal stakeholders (such as an interdisciplinary team of different specialists across different geographies)
- Collaborative & inclusive about working with global teams that are from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinker, have high integrity, a team player with hands-on attitude, & a passionate problem-solving spirit
- Proficiency in creating spreadsheets & using word-processing programs (primarily in Google Suites)
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- A demonstrated track record in social sector organizing & advocacy
- Committed to creating a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.