Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Manager, Creative Strategist (Growth Marketing) to help manage our Paid Social & Affiliate channel to drive acquisition growth. In this role you will have end-to-end ownership of the growth marketing creative strategy for Paid Social, Affiliate, Re-marketing, & Programmatic marketing channels. Youll work cross-functionally with our creative, analytics, growth & revenue team to ensure our creative strategy aligns with marketing objectives & complement company-wide strategic goals.
What Youll Do:
- Manage & refine the creative development process by helping guide creative & develop an A/B experimentation framework to test new hypotheses to drive subscriber growth
- Brief internal creative teams to develop creative assets for all channels, ad formats, & placements & support ongoing creative testing & experimentation
- Test & optimize paid marketing-specific landing pages & the customer user journey from paid channels
- Build ad measurement reporting with core creative KPIs based on user action(s) & analyze results in order to iterate new variations & tests
- Ensure continued innovation by recommending & testing new paid strategies, new or emerging channels & tactics to expand our paid acquisition efforts
- Implement paid creative best practices, establish benchmarks for success & delivering consistent reporting to internal teams providing learnings & opportunities
- Build strong relationships cross-functionally & with external partners (vendors, agencies, publishers, etc) to help build integrated programs & efficient processes
- Collaborate with growth, revenue & finance team to ensure that paid marketing objectives complement with company-wide strategic goal
What Success Looks Like:
- You can own the end-to-end creative process to drive subscriber growth, partnering with our creative teams & the teams who own our channels (social, SEM, affiliate, influencer, Display).
- You have a growth mindset to develop your own creative strategies & can execute those hypothesis through the test/optimize process to deliver results
- You built strong relationships across the revenue org & the creative org to ensure each team is set up for success during the creative development process, learnings are shared from our tests, wins are celebrated together, & the teams can operate at the velocity they need to succeed
- BS/BA required
- 3-5+ years of experience in digital marketing; experience in paid social & display is required. Experience in Affiliate & Influencer marketing is a plus.
- Growth mindset - ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change & to be flexible/resilient
- Experience in a competitive, fast-paced & challenging environment
- Data driven marketing approach (very comfortable with numbers/excel)
- Passionate about marketing & marketing tech
- Hands on past experience working in media buying platforms (Facebook & Google at a minimum) & past experience with both static & video ad formats.
- Experience in consumer products or retail, startup & subscription-based businesses is a plus
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, etc) & JIRA
- Knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Understanding of A/B testing
- Experience with managing large paid media budgets & agencies is a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.