Responsible for cash management at GoCardless, principally segregation of client money
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over 7bn each year for thousands of businesses, & we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms & scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Weve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK & Europe & are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) & serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich & of course, London (our HQ).
Were backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital & Y Combinator.
The Financial Control & Reporting Team
The Financial Control & Reporting is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. Its a great time to join the team & we are seeking candidates to develop throughout their training & then onto future opportunities at Gocardless. The team:
- Manages the month end close & management account production
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations & legislation
- Has responsibility for ensuring aspects of FCA compliance, including capital adequacy testing
- Manages debt facilities, business bank accounts, fee sweep reconciliations, client money reconciliations, foreign exchange risk, cash flow, Treasury policy related to business funds & maintains relationships with banking institutions & the internal teams, especially Banking Operations
- Has responsibility for the preparation & filing of statutory accounts in the jurisdictions in which we operate
- Manages group & local audits & maintains relationships with auditors & tax advisors
- Manages billing, accounts receivable & payable
- Manages payroll
- Has responsibility for UK & international tax, VAT & corporate structure management, as well as relations with HMRC
- Has responsibility for financial processes & controls
- Has responsibility for financial systems (incl Netsuite)
- Optimise procedures for the daily reconciliation of the fee sweep transactions between Merchant funds & the business bank accounts to the underlying Product reports. Fee sweeps are a combination of: revenue/ revenue credits from payment transactions; funding for chargebacks & refunds; repayment of previous funding made from the business accounts. This process is essential to maintain compliance with safeguarding requirements.
- Perform the daily reconciliations of the fee sweep transactions.
- Working with the Product & Banking Operations teams enhance procedures for the daily reconciliation of client funds & prepare these reconciliations daily.
- Explain variances in daily movements of client funds & business funds
- Manage relationships with lending banks
- Manage relationships with business banking partners in all jurisdictions
- Coordinate hedging policy & operations
- Perform the credit check assessment for a number of prospective Merchants with high value committed revenues.
What we're looking for
- You have substantial experience (over 5 years) in a similar position in an FCA regulated organisation
- You are familiar with FCA requirements relating to the safeguarding of client funds & are experienced in the operation of procedures to ensure compliance with these rules
- You can demonstrate experience in the management of Treasury operations in an international business
- You have implemented complicated reconciliation processes & are proficient with MS Excel
- You have integrity & an analytical approach
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.