Director, Enterprise Sales
Powered by big dreams & small egos, Trilogy is reimagining how skills-based learning can change the face of education. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, & top universities to create boot camps that prepare highly-motivated students for high-growth careers. And although weve successfully graduated hundreds of students, this is truly Day 1 for us.
Driven by a one-team mentality, were looking for those with the hunger, talent, & passion to ride this wave with us.
Trilogy is the first of its kind to bring the successful web development boot camp model in house to academic institutions while supporting the entire student academic journey. Our platform combines coding curriculum, student recruitment, & career placement services to elevate graduates for increased job market success. We are in high-growth mode & rapidly expanding our family of partners.
We are seeking
A highly driven Director of Sales for our enterprise team. This is a start up within a high growth company. You will be responsible for all People, day to day operations & productivity, Implementation of Analytics & Optimizations, & Training for the current team. As this is a start up, you will also be responsible for defining the future of this team. You will partner with the CRO to drive all decisions around how we grow; & providing the rationale. You need to be both entrepreneurial & operational; with the ability to make data driven decisions quickly, while not ignoring your entrepreneurial gut. People have to love you, follow you & be inspired by you; & as a player coach, we want to ensure your ego doesnt get in the way of your selling if needed.
High-level view of who you are:
- Youve done it all on the sales side; Youve held sales, training & sales management & operations roles. Youve been the people manager, the ops manager, the trainer & been on the front lines.
- You can demonstrate use of data to drive & optimize decisions.
- Pipeline Management is second nature to you; & you can look at a pipeline & specifically train to increase conversion rates at all points along said pipeline. More importantly, you can train pipeline management to people at all levels.
- Your innate ability to connect with people energizes both parties to drive forward. Your infectious energy inspires those around you to consistently grow.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; but an operators attention to detail.
- Performance Management is second nature to you & you can put an ROI around both keeping the employees that are worth the time to coach; while cutting your losses quickly for those employees that are not.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills based education.
- You are NOTjust a director of sales; You are a thinker, a builder, a leader, an operator, a coach & have demonstrated experience doing all of the above.
In this job you will:
- Own hitting the revenue number & keeping your costs in line with the budget
- Partner with our GM & head of Product to design the team & plan for scale & corresponding roadmap to scale quickly. You will present the recommendation, the rationale & ROI around said recommendations.
- Train. A lot. We are learning how to be a product driven org as opposed to a custom shop. With this comes discipline, scripting & intense training every time a new product comes to market.
- Track learnings from the market & work with Product to help define / recommend new products based on observations.
- Be the POC for the marketing team
- Execute quickly on recommendations from analytics teams. This includes staffing changes, lead management model changes & other pieces that will impact your team.
- Build & manage advisors into team leads, managers & directors; as well as ensure your team is aware
- Be the central POC for all SOP development in working with other departments.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- You are comfortable operating in the gray & making decisions without all information. You are also comfortable coming back from these decisions & pivoting quickly.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in differing leadership positions; including management of a remote team
- You are a learner.
- You have worked on multiple program, product & sales at one time.
- Youve had plenty of hits & misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential.
- You can check your ego at the door; again & again & again.
- You love people & love building & inspiring teams.