Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Development manager will be a key member of the Community Account Sales Team. They will develop & execute customized territory plans to increase sales volume & market share within financial institutions in the region.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create new sales & revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products & services
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met & that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Continuously review payment landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches to growing Visa's issuer business
- Assist marketing & product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current & new accounts
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy
- Drive projects & programs that benefit the entirety of the Community Account Sales team
- Provide operational or technical leadership within sales
- Ensure implementation of annual goals & plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client & the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution's business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Participate in sales meetings & training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products & services, including EFT processing services
- Confidently & independently manage Consultant involvement in Client deals
- Become a product SME on behalf of the Community Account team & share knowledge with extended team
- Manage accounts as large as $250M
- Demonstrated knowledge of Visa systems utilized by NA Sales (Playbook, Compass-Client Central, CPP, VOL, Profiler, etc)
- Ability to resolve Client issues independently & escalate to management / senior AEs as appropriate
- Prioritize tasks & projects in line with Visa strategy & Community Issuer team
- Articulate Community Issuer priorities & challenges - being an advocate within Visa
- Basic functional sales & technical Debit Processing Services (DPS) knowledge
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- 3 to 5years Payments & / or sales business experience
- Willingness to learn & execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products & services
- Ability to develop, lead & close complex competitive sales efforts.
- Strong analytical & strategic planning skills.
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism & with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Confidence & ability to effectively createanddeliver presentationsto all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal & external resources & nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & enhance existing & new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance & an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision making.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.