In this cross-functional role, you will report directly to the Deal Desk Leader of Appian. An effective Deal Desk Manager uses a mix of critical thinking, creativity, & excellent communication & relationship building skills. Success in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills.
- Serve as the point of contact & subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, & troubleshooting of deal issues & sales escalations
- Support Sales team in negotiation of contract structure & pricing in compliance with Appian's internal policies while maximizing value to the customer & Appian.
- Guide optimal use of quote & opportunity management tools to accelerate sales cycles & drive collection of actionable business data.
- Facilitate alignment & communication between Appians Sales Teams, & internal stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Engineering, & Product teams, & external customers/partners to promptly resolve business/issues & foster productive interactions.
- Validate all aspects of agreement packages for accuracy & compliance with Appians business practices & approvals process, & maintain responsiveness.
- Cultivate best practices through analyses, projects & reporting contributing to the continued growth of Appians Sales team & Deal Desk.
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples & engage in regular training sessions with Sales teams.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelors degree in finance, economics, sales, or a business-related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role (Deal Desk, Pricing, Finance, FP&A, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Experience using CRM & CPQ systems. Working knowledge of contracts & accounting is a plus. Experience with software contracts & revenue recognition policies is a double plus.
- Negotiation experience & competence. Ability to work to understand the interests behind positions & get past objections to workable solutions.
- Inclined to take action & work independently, although support is there when you need it. Driven to complete tasks through to impact.
- Ownership mentality. Possess the character to act with integrity for the best interests of the entire organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Detail oriented. Must be organized & able to stay on top of fast-moving information & tasks.
- Process focused by nature. You like order & having things documented for easy reference.
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.