BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We are hiring an IT Enterprise Platforms Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering environment. You will play a key role for BuzzFeeds IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content securely wherever they are. As part of the Enterprise Platforms & Security team, you will report to the Enterprise Platforms Team Lead, & youll maintain IT infrastructure, internal platforms, & security across the company. The BuzzFeed environment relies on web-based services, & our infrastructure is quite unique; you will work with new & interesting technologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who understands IT enterprise systems & how they are connected. You care about quality & you know what it means to ship high-quality code & detailed documentation, & you will provide the team with both the knowledge & skills to support & grow existing capabilities. This will involve many challenges & continual improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, & motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. You will have a rare opportunity to join us in bringing modern solutions to the media space.
- Architect, design, develop & deploy Python microservices that serve millions of readers in a DevOps manner.
- Deploy infrastructure while using an infrastructure as code mentality - Terraform/Ansible.
- Design, code, test, & document systems & services to automate solutions within your teams domain.
- Move & sync data between SaaS & identity apps by building integrations & using existing APIs (provisioning/deprovisioning).
- Be a technical leader & a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, & diverse agile team.
- Work with motivated teams & engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days & bi-annual hack weeks.
- Mastered multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, & Bash, at a level where you can not only code & troubleshoot, but also design reliable & scalable solutions.
- A sense of being comfortable with git, GitHub, & version control.
- Familiarity with AWS - EC2, S3, IAM, VPCs, Route 53.
- Used Docker/containerization at scale & are familiar with architecting & deploying microservices.
- Worked with automation & building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- You work with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, & understand the importance of Identity Access Management strategy for the enterprise.
- You have a passion for technology & a constant desire to learn.
- A love for working in an environment where you constantly experiment & iterate quickly.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.