We are seeking a highly skilled, team-oriented individual to be a Lead Technical Program Manager for high performance, cross-functional autonomous engineering teams. The successful candidate will be an energizing servant leader, be an enabler & driver, is a self starter & can work in an ambiguous environment, willing to learn & grow, work with technical teams, possess strong interpersonal communication & facilitation skills, be detail-oriented, thorough & results-focused.
- Collaborates across various cross functional teams including Engineering, Product, User Experience, Reliability & Security to ensure everyone is aligned to Project/Program goals.
- Lead & mentor junior Project Managers for a domain within the Lifion Developer Platform organization.
- Work also in the capacity of a Scrum Master- Organizing scrum ceremonies, working with product teams to build product roadmaps & assisting in release planning.
- Lead several technical programs with tight deadlines & dependencies, manage priorities, risks & dependencies.
- Partners closely with Product & Engineering teams to identify & resolve critical program gaps, inform strategy, & drive forward the product roadmap
- Develop working knowledge of technologies to manage development tasks, identify & resolve issues & effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of programs & release initiatives with regard to time, scope, & quality
- Builds project plans, manage scope & schedule, identify risks & issues & publish status reports.
- Define key milestones, assess delivery against milestones, communicate teams capacity & progress against milestones to stakeholders & all levels of management in a consistent & transparent manner.
- Drives to build self-organized development teams & facilitate issue resolution within the team.
- Defines & owns all engineering process for your teams.
- Be a part of strategic planning & goal setting for your teams & communicates a clear vision of ones team.
- Facilitates in release planning & scheduling by providing empirical scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies & mitigate risks.
- Works with PMO to establish KPIs & use the metrics to track team progress & decision making.
- 5+ years as an Technical Program Manager in an engineering organization.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development project life cycle.
- Experience managing/mentoring a team of Project Managers.
- Familiar with technical constructs, process & development frameworks.
- Has planned & executed on complex & large scale cross team initiatives.
- Has a good understanding of development metrics & the use of dashboards / reports to radiate information.
- A background in software development is a plus.