Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced & entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history & experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail & technology & are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, & your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
As a Tailor in our NYC location, you will be part of our Clubhouse & Custom Operations team, providing the best possible tailoring experience for each & every client for both ready-to-wear & custom product. The Operations team provides all logistical & service support needed for the Sales team to ensure we have an efficient, effective & fantastic client experience. You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales team to satisfy customers expectations for fit, alterations, resizing & re-styling of all types of mens & women's garments.
- Fit customer using precise marking & pinning according to Trunk Club standards
- Perform & complete advance alterations during downtime between fitting appointments
- Prep & steam garments that may need touch-up prior to customer pick-up
- Interact with customers & co-workers in a professional manner
- Meet & exceed productivity targets educate customers & employees on proper fit. Previous experience in alterations or tailoring strongly preferred
Who you are
- A fitting & tailoring guru. You possess a strong understanding of mens & women's fitting & marking on all types of garments (including pressing, alteration machines & equipment).
- An alterations wizard. Your tailoring abilities go far beyond a baseline level & youre seen as a point person to problem solve any complicated request.
- A customer service expert. You possess the ability to work well with customers & co-workers in a professional manner.
- Independent & organized. Youre diligent & handle tasks with ease.
- Computer savvy. You have a basic understanding of using inventory management software & a working ability to check in/out garments & perform customer searches
How we work
- With others. Work closely with our customers, sales team & cross-functional teams at Trunk Club.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy & inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths & interests to company needs.
Scheduling & hours
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends
Tools & materials used
- In this role, you'll be using all basic & speciality sewing machines, all pressing & steam equipment, computer, keyboard, spotting machine, electric cutting machine, different scissors, seam ripper, razor, tape measure, pins, chalk, rulers, benign cleaning solutions & other common tools & materials used in alterations/tailoring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
A few of our perks
- Merchandise discount
- State of the art office environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, & our very own coffee shop