VP, Strategy & Business Development
New York, NY
At Pager, we are on a mission to fundamentally transform the consumer experience in accessing the healthcare system. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance & care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results & focus on how every action taken helps push Pager forward.
Reporting to & working closely with the Chief Executive Officer & broader commercial team, the VP of Strategy & Business Development will be responsible for building & expanding Pagers health plan footprint on the national scale & further defining & evangelizing Pagers value proposition. This individual will spearhead Pagers go-to-market strategy, industry segmentation, deal sourcing, deal shaping, & execution efforts across the payer market & IDN arena. S/he will be responsible for growing existing client contracts & relationships as well as identifying & securing contracts with new prospects. S/he will develop & maintain long-term relationships with key senior health plan leaders & lead the sales strategy & execution to effectively provide solutions to these clients.
This individual should have a proven track record of managing relationships in the healthcare payer market & will leverage his/her existing rolodex to orchestrate complex contracts with health plans. Relationship-driven & mission-oriented, this commercial leader will build strong relationships with a consultative sales mindset. S/he will be passionate about Pagers mission to be a consumer-first patient engagement & care coordination platform revolutionizing the delivery of care.
- Formulate & articulate go-to market strategy, identifying prospective health plan & IDN partners & executing on existing BD pipeline
- Develop & execute a regional & national sales plan, strategically identifying target organizations & building a pipeline to expand beyond existing clients & pilots
- Develop relationships with Pager champions within client organizations to facilitate collective buy-in among diverse range of client stakeholders
- Function as a deal-driver & deal-shaper; identify, construct, negotiate, & close complex gain-share and/or population health improvement-based deals
- Understand target customers business needs, leveraging consultative skills to develop customized proposals
- Serve as the internal health plan expert & act as a thought partner to other executives
- Drive consensus among product, engineering, marketing, & operations teams within Pager to ensure successful messaging & execution of client contract
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree is preferred
- 8-12 years of Business Development/ Sales/ Consulting experience at a payer-facing entity, consulting firm, or health plan
- Exhibit a roll up your sleeves work ethic & motivation to work tenaciously to drive long-term enterprise value growth.
- Deep experience & understanding of the healthcare payer space & a proven experience executing large, complex, deals, & long-term client partnerships into a variety of healthcare stakeholders, including regional health plans & other at-risk organizations
- Entrepreneurial mindset & drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e., capital & talent) to realize vision & see it through to success
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric, high EQ executive who leads with a mission-driven lens; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Ability to be in New York or San Francisco with company executives & travel nationally to meet prospective & existing clients
- Comfortable with high pressure for execution on complex deals
- Proactive doer who thrives in autonomous environment
- Strong communicator who can distill complex ideas & data-sets into clear, actionable insights for both clients & team members
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.