Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company dedicated to inspiring women to live an informed & well-rounded life. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by delivering optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, & impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a womans life, including editorial articles, original video programming, shareable social content across a variety of platforms, & live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style & substance, helping our audience live a more informed & inspired life.
About the team:
We create & distribute content on Refinery29s Snapchat Discover, including but not limited to recut videos & designed & animated flat articles, with the goal of driving engagement, time spent, & subscriber numbers. We help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into these spaces, delivering on the promise of fresh content, tools, & discussions every day. This multifaceted team touches all formats & content categories, collaborating with all other departments to produce, promote, & package the content to meet Refinery29s goals.
Senior Social Editor, Snapchat
The Senior Editor runs the day-to-day operations of Snapchat Discover. This role is responsible for keeping the Snapchat publishing schedule on track & on brand, requesting videos & designed & animated assets as needed. This role also serves as Quality Control for all assets published on the Snapchat Discover platform, including copy editing & final approval on designed assets. This role acts as programming manager, content strategist, & top editor. The ideal employee for this position is self-motivated, organized, creative, & solution-oriented.
What you'll do:
- Maintain programming calendar & strategy for Refinery29s Snapchat Discover, sharing to pertinent parties as needed to facilitate brand takeovers
- Produce, from ideation to programming, Snapchat editions (roughly four editions a week), including:
- Sourcing articles & videos to hit the platforms goals
- Re-editing content, organizing necessary information in order to request recuts with time codes, or designed & animated assets
- Final lock on all Snapchat original videos & top-snap recuts
- Top edit all editorial content, subtitles, headlines & graphics, including platform tool formatting
- Send/ensure delivery & upload of fixes
- Source tile imagery based on best-practices
- Build editions as needed
- Ideate, organize & programs tentpole initiatives on Snap
- Manages workflow for the team
- Manages Snapchat intern, guiding them in their pitches & execution, as well as career growth
- Tracks industry trends & competitors for potential opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for the organization & execution of branded takeover editions
- Run Snapchat meetings & attend cross-departmental meetings as Snapchat representative
- Gather & report on Snapchat analytics, sharing with relevant parties as necessary