SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN - TEMPORARY POSITION
- Responsible for all related tasks supporting flight vehicle transport:
- Maintenance management of flight hardware transport equipment
- Procure related consumables in accordance with min/max criteria
- Perform general maintenance on mechanical components on transport equipment
- Work with other technicians to manage transport processes & conduct general maintenance of all hardware in accordance with the corrosion prevention programs
- Support pre, during, & post-operations for both flight vehicle & transport equipment
- Package the flight module or anomalous item in accordance with methodology detailed in work order or supplied by logistics management
- Aid in managing transport equipment & material needed for operational success
- Locate & marshal items that will be needed based on forecasted schedule given by logistics management
- Responsible for the safe loading/unloading of equipment/items as warranted
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, & is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 4 Months
- LOCATION: McGregor, TX
- SHIFT: 1st shift (7:00 AM 4:30 PM); extended hours may be needed as hours are based on operational needs
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in material handling and/or transportation of large assemblies
- Forklift & power equipment operation experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, & mechanical systems
- Certified rigger with 3+ years of rigging experience highly desired
- Working knowledge of transport & inventory processes
- Basic organizational skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel & Word)
- Fragile item packaging experience
- Heavy machinery operation experience
- Class A commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Valid drivers license
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters & physical dexterity is necessary to preform job functions
- Ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25 lbs unassisted)
- Must be able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet)
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, & noise
- Must be available for overtime & weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.