Conductor is a technology company with a passion for helping you help your customers. Marketers use our software & services to create & optimize valuable content so that it gets found, answers questions, & solves problems for real people.
Its a super exciting time to come onboard as we recently raised $150 million in funding to build out our technology and acquired ContentKing - the worlds first real-time website auditing & monitoring platform.
About the role:
Were seeking a superb communicator with a strategic mindset to join our team as a Sr. Director, Account Management. In this role, you will be responsible for building, overseeing, & managing the Account Management department, which serves as the center of excellence for a $50M+ revenue business. As the department head, you will develop team members & processes managing a team of Account Managers selling Conductors product & services to our current customer base. We are looking for a proven growth leader with great energy, leadership, & initiative to drive team performance & sales. You will formulate & execute a strategy to maximize business growth.
This role works in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Pre-Sales, Professional Services, & Customer Success: their cross-company engagement & orchestration is essential. The candidate will be a high impact individual capable or driving outstanding business results & first-class employee development. The Sr. Director, Account Management is fully responsible for developing & managing the team to generate revenue & achieve organization quotas.
- In collaboration with CRO & CCO, define vision, strategy, processes, & roadmap for the Account Management organization to ensure execution of the overall growth & the commercial retention strategies for all Conductor customers.
- Manage a team of Account Directors responsible for customer satisfaction, revenue retention, & upsell
- Oversee & lead team development, talent attraction & retention efforts across your team ensuring a high-performance work environment.
- Provide support & guidance to direct reports by participating & leading in customer meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive growth & sales wins
- Accurate reporting on pipeline, growth & sales activity & forecasting to senior Sales Leadership
- Actively contribute & monitor growth demand generation activities
- Lead initiatives to drive customer awareness & engagement
- Develop & execute successful growth sales campaigns
- Engage at C-level in enterprise customer organizations to support success
- Ensure achievement of corporate goals for customer growth by acting as point of escalation in handling high priority customer service issues, contractual negotiations, & outstanding account receivables.
- Establish & maintain a customer-centric work environment by enforcing high quality customer service standards.
- Establish & maintain team goals
- Systematically identify early signals for at-risk accounts & develop strategies to retain them
- Continually work to streamline & scale processes
- Running daily & weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts & closing deals to ensure above quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs & revenue potential for accounts.
- BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in an Account Management or Sales role within an B2B SaaS organization.
- 3+ years of relevant experience managing people associated with management of client relationships & / or Sales required; Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, & retain top talent
- Demonstrated experience & success in managing & growing client relationships either on a primary or secondary basis.
- Success as a relationship builder & collaborator with amazing verbal & written communication skills.
- A good understanding of the SEO software space highly preferred, but not necessary. Tech savvy, & the ability talk the talk about web-based technologies.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate & challenge an account management team.
- Exceptional listening & interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment.
- Driven & passionate about leading, mentoring & developing teams.
- Collaborative & results-oriented in a way that drives change & results across multiple departments with the customer experience always in mind.
- Demonstrated expertise in retention strategies, techniques, processes, & measurements preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of related software & computer tools.
- Ability to travel (20%+) to meet clients to support Account Reviews & on-site efforts to ensure client adoption & use of Conductor platform.
- Strong track record exceeding quotas in a complex sales environment
- Experience in territory management & planning
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching, & training common software sales methodologies
- Able to work a hybrid schedule 3 days in NYC HQ
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives & challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, & stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, & business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances where a particular employee works.