Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to join the R&D Finance team. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to drive investment intensity & growth. As the Finance Leader to our largest P&L portfolios, your ability to effectively manage all financial reporting, pro forma modeling, strategic assessment during quarterly business cycles & lead long range planning, annual planning processes will determine your success. In addition, this role will require you to build a deep business partnership with the Engineering & GTM teams, to clearly communicate the current state of the business & to develop standardized financial & operational measurement.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building & developing best practices in a high growth environment. We seek someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant analytical & management experience in Tech / SaaS Product Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to C-level & Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally & in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills & clear thinking; experience building scalable models & processes.
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, & pricing exposure.
- Fluent understanding of Product P&L dynamics, unit economics, & common SaaS metrics.
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting & variance analysis
As Sr. Manager, Product Finance you will:
- BE BOLD: Partner with Engineering Leaders & Operations to drive solid operating cadence & financial discipline
- BE AN OWNER: Standardize & improve operating/reporting cadences to generate value-added insights & actionable recommendations to drive growth & influence business KPIs
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report & communicate variances from planned/forecasted results to the Leadership Team on a regular basis
- WRITE IT DOWN: Partner with Corporate FP&A team to refine COGS forecast methodologies & drive accuracy & consistency
- DRAW THE OWL: Play finance leadership role in building internal dashboards to enable real-time analytics of product/deal economic (prices, costs, & margins)
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Corporate system team to implement Product P&L structure & reporting capabilities in Anaplan
- DRAW THE OWL: Support senior leadership in financial analysis of strategic partnerships & M&A opportunities
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. The R&D Finance team is central to Twilios investment decision-making process. The Sr. Manager, Product Finance is a critical role that will further enable the Product leadership team to make strategic investment decisions. We need a leader who is passionate about product economics & eager to expose important trends that will help shape Twilios future direction.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.