mindbodygreen is looking to hire a full-time, passionate, & collaborative Photo Editor to join their growing team in DUMBO, Brooklyn. The Photo Editor will join mindbodygreens Art Department, which comprises a team of highly talented visual designers, art director, & creative freelancers. The Photo Editor has the opportunity to work with some of the industrys most talented thought leaders, photographers, & influencers.
Working with the editorial & marketing teams, the Photo Editor will play a key role in sourcing, producing, curating, & editing compelling imagery while working with the Creative Director to push & develop the photo direction across all of mbgs branding touchpoints. The Photo Editor should have strong visual sensibility, clear photo art direction, & photo research & production skills.
mbgs coverage reaches an engaged audience of more than 10 million monthly readers who are interested in wellness, fitness, nutrition, womens health, & clean beauty. The ideal candidate shares their great passion for & understanding of the health & wellness world. We want to hear what connects with you at mbg, whether its your love of green smoothies, nature hikes, or vinyasa yoga flows.
- Collaborate with the Art Department to brainstorm & create innovative visual solutions for digital, social, & editorial content
- Collaborate with & assist editors to illustrate various stories across the site, ensuring all editorial photography is on-brand
- Set the homepage daily, curating content based on visual style & storytelling
- Have an expert understanding of photography
- Have ample production & on-set studio experience
- Have strong photo production skills, from color correction to retouching
- Act as a staff photographer, curating a small prop library & shooting still-lifes, food, products, fitness sequences, & more for the editorial & sales teams in our in-house photo studio
- Collaborate with Art Department to conceptualize, commission, produce & art direct photo shoots, coordinate shoot timelines & locations, negotiate & track photo shoot costs
- Curate mbgs current stock galleries & add to the list of on-brand stock houses
- Assist marketing team with photography selection for new business pitches & branded content
- Contribute regularly to concept meetings by bringing visual ideas & new photographers to table
- Be a cost-conscious photo editor who can maintain tight budgets without sacrificing quality
- Be a calm & composed problem-solver while under pressure
- 36 years of experience as a photographer & photo editor
- A strong understanding of how to tell a powerful story through visuals
- Intermediate to expert photography skills
- Excellent relationships with photographers & industry contacts
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Photoshop & photo-editing techniques
- Familiarity with photo research databases & stock agencies
- Experience working cross-departmentally with teams such as editorial, sales, & social
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, & communication skills
- Ability to prioritize & manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to be a self-motivated & flexible team player
- Genuine curiosity about & passion for photography, art, health, & wellness
Bonus If You Have:
- BFA in Photography
- Art direction, graphic design, & typographic skills
- Experience with online content management systems
- Experience in marketing or branded content
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included.
Please send your cover letter, your resume, & a link to your online portfolio.