At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
From day one, Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace: were currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
In London, Lyft is working on building 3D visual maps at unprecedented scale using computer vision. Visual maps are a powerful tool for encoding & understanding the geometry & semantics of the world, which is a key component of safe & efficient autonomous driving. Our mission is to push the state-of-the-art of computer vision algorithms like visual SLAM & Structure from Motion (SfM) to new levels of accuracy, robustness & scale.
- Execute on high-impact projects & innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work closely with computer vision & machine learning engineers to process data for Level 5s autonomous vehicles
- Build & deploy production-quality services that can serve hundreds of requests per second
- Work on distributed systems that process & transform large quantities of data
- Build tools & dashboards to provide visibility to other teams
- Drive software engineering direction for medium-to-large scale projects
- Mentor junior engineers & promote excellent engineering practices
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems using AWS or GCP
- Ability to write testable, modular code for safety-critical systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & collaborate across teams & disciplines
Nice to Have:
- Extensive experience in one of Go / Python / C++
- Experience in computer vision / machine learning / computational geometry
- Experience working on geographic information systems
- Experience building distributed data pipelines
- Knowledge of modern web frontend development
- Private health insurance, income protection, & life assurance benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike & accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible.
- Weekly yoga session
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy.Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides