AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled & documented data, analysis, & deep partnership with the business. We own & manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery & Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, & support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business & executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, & data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
This Data Analyst will be a critical member of the team as we build data models, reporting & dashboards, & deliver deep insights aimed at accelerating the growth of the company on our way toward a successful IPO. This role will partner with various internal stakeholder groups (Product Engineering, AI Research, Content, Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to tackle key strategic, operational, & technical initiatives while building systems that will help us scale.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in Analytics (or a similar discipline), or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL skills required
- Experience working with databases/analytics data warehouses, e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience building reporting & analysis in BI/visualization software such as Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.
- Experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity with a business focus is a plus
- Growth Mindset practitioner - ability & passion to be challenged, fail fast, learn, grow, & apply those lessons to drive business impact
- Demonstrated proficiency at telling a story with data
- Previous industry experience preferred (consulting, bizops, revops, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling tools (LookML, dbt, Dataform) is a plus
- Experience collaborating deeply across an organization to understand department process, needs, & goals, & building custom analysis/reporting to match
- Strong business sense; understanding of the drivers/metrics of SaaS businesses preferred
- Ability to seamlessly switch altitude between specific technical questions & broad org-level KPIs/strategies
What Youll Do:
- Assist in the rollout of analytics systems & processes throughout the organization.
- Partner across the organization to design metrics & KPIs, & develop analysis to monitor & understand those KPIs.
- Design & create reports & analysis that drive action. This includes assessing needs & resources, & building deliverables that meet the needs of many types of users.
- Support the single source of truth for the organization through creating & maintaining data models for use by other teams & by identifying & correcting data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Collaborate broadly with internal stakeholders to implement new data/analytics reporting & tools
- Support stakeholders in investigating & delivering insights to inform impactful business decisions
- Onboard new technical & business users onto our systems & tools
- Identify opportunities for better tooling, data systems, & process to help improve operations & drive growth.
- Train & educate end-users in our tools & data analysis / business intelligence approaches
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, & respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSenses commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, & termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances where a particular employee works.