About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, & delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement & tracking tools for clinicians, & cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products & product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric & neurological conditions. Our lead product, reSET, for the treatment of Substance Use Disorder, was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pears second product, reSET-O, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing authorization from the FDA in December 2018. For more information, visit us atwww.peartherapeutics.com.
The Account Manager (AM) is a high profile & critical role to the commercial success of Pear & its first two products, reSET & reSET-O. This vital role will have many duties, but the primary role will be to identify, engage, & ultimately convert mid to large size healthcare providers, hospitals, clinics & other health-related organizations within an assigned territory that focus on the treatment substance abuse. The AM will also be instrumental in the integration of PDTs to the physician practices, clinics, or healthcare systems, or integrated delivery networks (IDNs).
- Identify key prospects & ultimately integrate PDT technology into their daily clinical protocols.
- With a high customer service sales approach ensure proper adoption of PDTs into practice.
- Gain full physician adoption & seek ways to drive appropriate product utilization.
- Ability to understand & communicate the intricacies of a new technology, clinical data, evolving reimbursement pathway, & the integration of a software-based application to the medical field.
- Will need to engage & sell to many stakeholders within many different sites of service.
- Conduct presentations to C-Level Executives & communicate the Pear Value Proposition.
- Perform educational & marketing programs to grow awareness of PDTs & the benefits there of.
- Learn & utilize the clinical data on Pear products to develop the marketplace & credibility.
- Will provide the healthcare professional with the most current information pertaining to PEAR products & their approved indications in a manner which will ensure the appropriate use of these products & achieve the business potential of the territory.
- Communicate with Pear Team to garner further helpful field-based information on customers & the world of PDTs.
- Collaborate with current & potential channel partners from other healthcare related organizations.
- Demonstrate a strong clinical understanding of all aspects of PEAR products & related disease states.
- Ensure clear, concise, & accurate communication of all product information.
- As the face of Pear, create & maintain a positive impression with customers.
- Represent PEAR at national and/or local conferences if applicable.
- Create & embrace a quarterly business planning process (QPR).
- Be compliant with all rules & regulations that impact the medical space. Be compliant with all required documentation, reports, & corporate governance.
- Achieve the established sales goals for the territory.
- Travel will be extensive & require overnight travel. Expect 50% travel requirements.
- Bachelors degree required (advanced degree a plus but not required)
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in at least one of the following: biopharmaceutical, medical device, or healthcare technology training, support or implementation.
- Prior experience selling a complex specialty pharmaceutical product/technology that required a change in physician protocol/workflow is preferred.
- Documented experience & success in launching complex new/novel products.
- Ability to make sound business & financial judgments & recommendations
- Ability to act with minimal supervision to prioritize & manage multiple activities with various functional groups & against firm deadlines
- Experience in regulated environments within pharmaceutical, med-device, & biotech industries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing startup environment with some ambiguity as the market continues to evolve.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite in particular.
- Top-notch communication & presentation skills.
- Passion for problem solving & bringing solutions to healthcare providers.
- Ability to work remotely & to travel overnight 25%-50% of the time depending on territory.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms & conditions of employment for all employees & job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration & Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation & training.