sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
Are you a team player whos open to growing & learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry & want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
Our Kitchen Team Member position is similar to a Prep Cook role! You will be an ambassador of the sweetlife & sweetgreen's core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the creation of healthy, transparent, & delicious food. Its your job to ensure that were serving our guests products that live up to the quality & food safety standards that we pride ourselves on. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) & Store Lead (Assistant General Manager).
We encourage our team members to be well-rounded team players, willing to get their hands dirty & do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly! No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained & will be tasked to take on different positions within our team.
Kitchen Team Member Responsibilities include & are not limited to:
- Ensure all food meets food safety & quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line
- Prep all cold & hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven & hot prep equipment, ensure proper time/temp of all hot & cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe & all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish & prep stations throughout shift
- Set up & break down oven station, maintain clean & organized hot prep zone & equipment
- Manage communication between Service Team Members & Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven & walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked
- Learn & maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu + ingredients
- Put received orders away
- Food, Restaurant, and/or Team experience
- Knowledge of proper food safety handling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with kitchen & food prep equipment
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick & adaptable learner
- Collaborative communication skills
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- A friendly, fun, & positive work environment, with a welcoming & supportive team
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement & career development
- Free sweetgreen gear & tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy & delicious shift meals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.