Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
- Perform equipment installations, maintenance, repairs, & qualifications to ensure the highest level of instrument reliability & up-time.
- Monitor instrument metrics & advocate serviceability within cross-functional teams
- Responsible for instrument up-time & ensuring that service documentation meets Guardant Heath's quality management system
- Evaluate equipment performance trends to propose long-term solutions as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies & disseminate information by developing SOPs, checklists, & service bulletins.
- Contribute to the management of a maintenance & calibration system.
- Help end-users troubleshoot issues
- Provide service & support during normal business hours, as well as after hours & on weekends as needed.
- Effectively communicate with third party service providers.
- A BS degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, with a minimum of 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years service engineering or instrumentation & equipment support.
- Proficient in providing service support for Hamilton Robotic liquid handlers.
- Experience providing service support for Qiagen QiaSymphony, Agilent TapeStation, Illumina Sequencers, & various other laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience authoring & executing PM, IQ, OQ, repair, & other service related documentation.
- Familiarity with developing & executing training programs & providing knowledge-transfer to other engineers & lab personnel.
- Experience working within a CLIA & GMP regulated environment.
- Experience standardizing processes for scalability & sustainability.
- Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate with internal & external colleagues & customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, & regulatory disciplines.
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma methodologies.
- Liquid Handler programming exexperience is a plus.
- Field service engineering experience is desireable.
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation with afterhours & weekend response as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as needed.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs