Were hiring a Junior Account Executive.
About our team & what well build together
The sales team is a high performing, tight knit, work hard play hard group of people. We work with the top agencies & clients in the country seeking out partnerships to drive revenue.
Were seeking a junior seller who is ready to jump right in, think outside of the box, & get creative with branded partnerships & native campaigns. theSkimm is for sellers who love seeing the direct impact of their work, whether thats through leveraging your own agency connections or pounding the pavement & introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands & advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. We work hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, & we develop creative & timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice & brand. Reporting to an East Coast based Sales Director, you'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon & establish relationships with both direct advertisers & agencies.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Prospect & sell fee-based brand partnerships & native ad campaigns into agencies & clients directly
- Manage the RFP process in collaboration with our internal teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: newsletters, native digital content, audio & video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Forecast, track & report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimmrs across the company, including Client Services, Brand Strategy, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 1-3 years of digital or integrated media sales experience OR 3-5 years in advertising sales (planning, account management etc.) with sales experience built in (think presenting to agencies, clients, large groups etc.)
- Also ideal: experience meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals with long lead times
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process & digital media operations (all media language, acronyms & media plans)
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills
- Creativity & ability to think on the fly
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, & what we offer our audience
- Existing relationships & contacts with NY area media agencies & brands
- Ability to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & energetic
- Highly organized & motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
Why we love working here
We are mission driven & values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand for millennial women by helping them maneuver through lifes necessities. We are providing this community with information & resources so they have the ability, agency, & confidence to live their smartest lives. Every role has a purpose & allows us to equip & enable women to make their best decisions, feel more educated & have the right knowledge at the right time.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work & our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand & takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each & every day.
We put you & your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans & commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a MassMutual 401(k) plan starting on your first day & employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- Generous paid parental leave
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Flexible & broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company time off during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, & supportive culture (we celebrate & have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our co-founders/co-CEOs
- Weekly lunch stipend for HQ employees
- Two opportunities each year for our entire organization to come together IRL in NYC
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs & activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, rooftop lunches, off-sites, & wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office & remote, to connect & have fun
Your career & development are a priority:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners & colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance & planning
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Complimentary access to theSkimms suite of membership products & swag
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimmd
Were a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, we have become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way our audience consumes news & makes decisions. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & we continue to innovate, find new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. Our product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app (we dont sell this to brands directly as a note!), Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done! We continue to grow the breadth of our offerings in lifes necessary categories & by expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content, & audio, our ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation - & the ones that follow - in the most critical areas of their lives.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.