Inbound Sales Development Representative
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Were seeking an Inbound Sales Development Representative to join the Convene Marketing team in New York, NY. The Inbound SDR role will report to the Sales Development Manager.
What Youll Do:
The Convene sales & marketing team is looking for an Inbound Sales Development Representative. This role is focused on gathering market data & introducing Convene to prospective clients. As an Inbound Sales Development Representative, your primary duties will include discovery, development, tracking, & pursuit of leads. All lead generation activities are recorded, tracked, & measured using Salesforce. We need someone that enjoys a good chat, but knows how to steer the conversation. Someone excited by the idea of connecting with prospective clients while qualifying potential business opportunities. If you have a positive glass is half full mentality & youre excited to learn the ropes in sales, this could be the role for you. Duties & responsibilities include:
- Handle inbound leads via phone, e-RFPs & Web Chat, to include qualification, lead distribution, & follow up.
- Map prospective accounts around organizations structure, people, & existing known meeting & event needs
- Manage & maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Create & deliver qualified leads to Account Managers & Directors
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone & email outreach
- Capture accurate & complete information in Salesforce.com
- Be an active member of the team by sharing learnings
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop targeted lists, call strategies, & messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Attend all sales meetings
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests, projects, or tasks made from your superiors
- Act as back up for Account Coordinators
- As directed book small inbound group business
What We Look For:
- 2 3 minimum years of experience in a marketing or sales role
- Real estate or work place experience a plus
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Company Size: 501-1,000 employees
Type: Privately Held
2017 - $55M
2018 - $75M
2019 - $122M
In everything we do, we strive to put our people first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we are building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect As A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.