Location: New York City, US or London, UK or Remote (within US or UK)
At the moment, many of us are working remotely. However, we have offices in New York & London & this position can be based in either office, or remote in the US or UK (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction). If based in the US, this role will need to work EC hours.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Pre- Sales Engineer to assist us in facilitating the adoption of our growing product offering. In this role, you will work closely with OpenFins Sales, Engineering, Product & Customer Success teams to ensure our customers are achieving successful implementations. Through your collaborative interactions with our teams & clients, youll have an active role in shaping our customers experience from start to finish. Your influence & thoughtful technical expertise will assist customers (from developers to senior management) in demonstrating OpenFin capabilities while providing direction on how other industry leaders are approaching similar implementations. Through your efforts, you will help establish OpenFin as the leading web-based platform for the financial desktop.
- Technical know-how: Collaborate with our Sales team to demonstrate OpenFins core API capabilities & product offerings in sessions with prospective customers. In these meetings, youll assist in answering technical questions associated with a customers technology stack & explain how OpenFin ties into their business workflows.
- Proof of Concepts: Work closely with customer engineering teams to guide & advance their PoCs by defining scope, objectives, milestones & facilitating them to completion.
- Content Creation:
- Develop reusable tutorials & examples that address common OpenFin implementations at scale.
- Generate Getting Started materials for teams who are just becoming familiar with OpenFin.
- Create developer documentation referencing OpenFin & Web best practices & thoughtful integration approaches.
- Onboarding: Work with customer teams to facilitate rapid uptake of OpenFin through tools & materials for teams just beginning their implementation projects. Youll perform regular check-ins with those teams, host training sessions & provide assistance where necessary.
- Product Scope: You will elicit & collect feedback from customers as well as insight on our products. Youll work with us to use that info to assist internal teams. This process will help shape the creation of new OpenFin products & APIs.
- Superior communication: Excellent customer facing verbal & written communication skills. Ability to route the right information to the right team member to expedite critical needs for existing customers & prospective customers.
What Were Looking For
- You have a passion for assisting others with technical implementations across a range of technology solutions.
- You have an interest in web development & technology, & how new standards can help build richer applications.
- You are comfortable navigating competing demands for concurrent projects & willing to take a lead role on ensuring delivery of priorities.
- You are experienced in building, integrating & supporting large single page applications
- You have excellent communication skills & are comfortable presenting to a range of different audiences.
- You are excited about an opportunity that challenges you to be disciplined & responsive in a customer focused & context shifting environment.
- Having experience in any of the following would be beneficial: Electron, PWAs, .NET & Java.
- Experience working with OpenFin products and/or relevant tooling in Financial Services is a major plus.
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our offices & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.