WHO WE ARE
BaubleBar, a high-growth, data-driven e-Commerce & Omni-Channel startup focused on disrupting the Fast Fashion Jewelry Business, is located in the Flatiron District in NYC & was founded by Amy Jain & Daniella Yacobovsky in 2011. Our company's culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - our teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially-minded self-starters with a demonstrated passion for beautiful photography. The BaubleBar team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems, possess the desire to dive in & learn in a fast-paced environment, & are considerate of one another. Interested candidates should work well in a flat organization & excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines.
The primary responsibility of the Junior Photographer + Studio Coordinator is to capture product photography for BaubleBar e-com & wholesale partner websites. Other responsibilities include the coordination of samples to support the creative team with all additional photoshoot needs & assets, ensuring all products are organized & photographed on time.
You will learn everything that is involved in a high-volume studio setting & help build a studio that supports our rapidly growing company & its needs.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
BaubleBar is seeking a full-time, in-house Junior Photographer & Studio Coordinator. This role will work alongside our Sr. Photographer & Art Directors to capture the photography according to brand guidelines, as well as prepare all image files for migration to the live ecommerce environment. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a brand consistency of imagery & color, as well as file renaming & cropping according to product references. This individual will also require a keen eye for detail & quality control. The Junior Photographer will report to the Senior Photographer & work closely with the Art Directors & Retouchers.
- Photograph products for web as per the company brand guidelines
- Be able to light reflective & complex surfaces
- Style jewelry as per the company style guide
- Process files (organizing, naming, cropping, sizing & color correcting)
- Ensure all products are photographed on time
- Organize & maintain product for all photoshoots
- Help gather product samples for Creative Team
- Keep the studio & prop closet organized at all times
- Assist with light retouching social & editorial content
- Assist in gathering props & apparel for photoshoots
- On set production assistance for still life, on model & editorial shoots
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 1-2 years experience working in a high volume, deadline-driven production environment-fashion & product ecommerce industry experience preferred
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing overall image quality
- Knowledge of Capture One as well as Adobe Photoshop & Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Profoto Strobes & Canon DSLR photo equipment
- Adaptability to learn new tools & processes
- Strong project & process management skills
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Ability to multitask & work in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Must be organized, detail oriented & thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Must be able to troubleshoot & be solution oriented
- Excellent eye for detail
*** All applicants must email an online portfolio or PDF with still life photography samples.