The Test & Reliability Engineer will be working with the Peloton Hardware Design & Operations teams to manage our new product qualification testing & on-going reliability testing in a fast-growing global fitness business. You will manage projects, troubleshoot, innovate, & make decisions to help Peloton ensure quality & safety as we continue to innovate our product offerings. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create & maintain test plans & schedules for new product development & sustaining engineering activities.
- Perform product validation & verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built machinery.
- Design, build, & automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment.
- Write test reports, communicate results with the team.
- Correspond with NY based team & Taiwan with test reports & status updates. Will require morning/evening calls. Excellent communication skills (Mandarin a plus).
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities.
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments & prioritize work queues.
- Monitor & implement test processes & data flow.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Maintain lab equipment & inventory.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA). Six sigma certification preferred.
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks), Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus. Ability to read/create mechanical drawings.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.