Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the most agile data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
The Regional VP Sales EMEA South at Denodo will be responsible for the management & execution of direct sales the assigned territory.
We are seeking talented candidates for this position with a proven track record of exceeding goals in enterprise software sales in at least the last five years. The ideal candidates shows good knowledge of the middleware software market in the region & superior communication & closing skills to sell licenses, & software services around different business uses & verticals.
The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced sales & marketing leadership & be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally & go beyond expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to direct sales based on agreed criteria.
- Penetrate & develop major strategic accounts & new prospects in chosen business segments. Perform sales presentations to those prospects, negotiate contacts, & close new business deals
- Manage direct sales in assigned territory.
- Develop indirect sales network & partnerships
- Create a network of finders, resellers, & distributors to expand Denodo in assigned territory.
- Coordinate assigned territorial & account sales with corporate sales functions & report sales activity
- Contribute to marketing strategies & plans to identify opportunities in theterritory.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of results-driven enterprise software sales experience
- Sales experience in the enterprise software market, dealing with middleware & with data & application integration solutions around ETLs, Data Warehouses, Data Bases, MDM, ESBs, BPM tools, and/or SOA suites
- Proven over-performance
- Large enterprise (FT100) focussed account management background
- Good understanding of enterprise IT architectures & corporate data strategies & solutions. Fluent with data types & formats, data access & delivery modes, data & metadata management, web & cloud-based integration technologies, big data solutions, IT infrastructure deployment models, & enterprise-class architectural topics like performance, scalability, security & governance
- Capable of managing all aspects of the sales cycle from cold calling prospects to negotiating enterprise-wide contracts
- Ability to present technical concepts & business solutions clearly through demonstrations & proposals
- Good organizational, prospecting & follow-up skills
- Effective verbal & written communication
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline, computer science or engineering with an MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.