Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates need & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The data engineering team is responsible for transforming data into insights & data products. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a high performing teams of engineers & analysts on both data infrastructure & cross functional product initiatives.
What Youll Do:
- Lead a team of talented Software Engineers & Analysts at various experience levels owning the development & operation of the Capsule data platform.
- Partner with the Product Management team to help define the roadmap & support with technical design, work-breakdown, implementation, testing & deployment of features.
- Ownership of Sprint ceremonies such as Standup, Sprint Planning & Sprint retrospectives.
- Perform 25% - 50% hands-on technical work, whether it is sharing stories on the sprint to help accelerate the team or prototyping new ideas to best guide the team.
- Conduct regular 1-1s with their direct reports, drive career conversations & own the overall health & engagement of their team.
- As part of the Engineering leadership group, you will also contribute to broader organizational initiatives such as Engineering off-sites, Engineering All-Hands, Engineering Hiring Processes - Interviews, Debriefs, Candidate calls, etc.
- You have 8+ years of industry experience building complex, reliable applications
- You have 2+ years of experience working in data, analytics, data warehousing
- You have experience with modern software engineering concepts such as Domain Driven Design, distributed systems, event sourcing & messaging based infrastructure.
- You have 1+ years of managing engineering teams.
- You have expertise in SQL, with the ability to perform analysis & write complex transformations using the full breadth of the SQL language
- You have expertise with a general purpose programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, C++, etc), Python preferred.
- You have experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as Product Managers, Designers & other domain experts.
- A cloud native data platform, based on modern data warehousing principles
- Python, Airflow, DBT, Kinesis, S3, Redshift
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.