Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Reporting to the Director of Learning & Development, you will build out learning design capability to build knowledge, skills, mindsets & behaviors that help the Casper team perform & grow. This role will organize & support total company learning design needs from mission-driving experiences (onboarding & sleep education) to commercial training (retail & CX sales & support, product & services) to professional & management development programs, ensuring we are working efficiently to create highly engaging & effective learning. You will lead the design process (managing internal & external resources) & then work closely with learning program managers & trainers/facilitators to support implementation planning, delivery preparation, evaluation of learning outcomes, & updating / tailoring materials as needed.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Codify internal learning design processes, tools, templates, & branding
- Build Casper L&D design capability within team & supporting an extended network of SMEs & leaders to build quality content
- Lead Learning Design Project Management
- Maintain a content development & delivery roadmap & program evaluation schedule supporting corporate & field
- Partner with stakeholders to formulate learning outcomes & provide creative, effective solutions with a plan to evaluate the effectiveness of the program from both the learner & the business perspective (Kirkpatrick level 1 - 2 evaluations required, exposure to level 3 - 4 is preferred)
- Scope projects, set timelines & manage end-to-end design & development of engaging & effective learning content & experiences - applying learning experience, behavior change, instructional design, & adult learning principles
- Identify & manage internal or external resources based on capacity or specialized needs (i.e., video, graphic design, complex programming, etc)
- Collaborate with stakeholders & Learning Program Managers on Implementation & Evaluation
- Organize train-the-trainer pilots & feedback sessions, supporting event logistics & physical / digital content distribution
- Proactively collaborate with & support training partners across the organization to leverage or enhance existing content & adjust materials as needed for teams (HQ, stores, etc)
- Create, curate & update engaging digital & physical content (video, articles, internal experts, etc) across learning platforms
Our dream candidate has...
- 5 - 7 years of relevant & progressive experience of learning design & development for fast-paced, dynamic, & growing organizations (retail, consumer products & technology industries are a plus)
- Preferred experience & exposure to both corporate & distributed (retail/wholesale) workforces, blended learning programs including visually appealing presentations, detailed facilitator guides for interactive sessions, participant materials (pre/during/post), knowledge checks, curated content, etc
- Confident in blue-printing, storyboarding & prototyping to move quickly & get stakeholder feedback & buy-in early in design process
- Ability to write clear & concise copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts in a voice that embodies the Casper brand values is required
- Ability to partner with Creative team & leverage existing style guides, imagery & templates is required
- Proficient in basic & preferred design tools including, but not limited to: Productivity Suites (MS Office, Google, etc); Visual design tools (Adobe Design Suite, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc); Screen Capture (Camtasia, etc); Course development (Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, etc)
- Comfortable leveraging modern learning management systems & virtual platforms like Zoom
- Maintains excellent knowledge of how people learn (i.e., adult learning theories, neuroscience), instructional design models, state of L&D (AI, NLP, machine learning, etc)
- Certificate or degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively & problem-solve with innovative solutions
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!