About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, & audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, & audio data into structured data at a significantly faster & more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States & in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have secured $40M in funding to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, & retaining a diverse workforce.
In this role you will serve as a business partner to the CEO & the executive team responsible for driving growth of the company. You will oversee finance, legal, people & operations of the company & help formulate the companys business strategy as we scale.
In this role you will be a core member of the leadership team of Clarifai. As a strategic business partner to the CEO & other members of the leadership team you will be essential to the performance of the company in the following ways:
- Develop & own the strategic plan, budgets & forecasts for the company.
- You will own the goals for the company & the accountability across the organization for hitting those goals.
- Building the yearly operating plan for the business & projecting that out 3-5 years into the future to align the executive team & the board of directors on where the company is going.
- Empower the team to make data driven decisions by monitoring metrics across the organization & keeping key stakeholders up to speed on the growth drivers behind those metrics.
- You attract a talented team to drive growth of the legal, finance, people & operations functions.
- Serve as an additional communication arm on behalf of the CEO for clients & major stakeholders.
- Aid the CEO in future fundraising initiatives.
- Conduct annual financial audits.
- Own the international expansion of offices & locations to support our growth.
- Assist in analyzing M&A targets & carrying out other corporate development activities.
- Maintaining our information systems for accounting, ERM, CRM, & KPIs.
- Drive the financial rigor to close books quickly & generate reporting from them to operate the business.
- Efficiently leverage outside legal, people & financial resources to optimize efficiency of operations while minimizing overall spend.
- Lead the creation of board materials & have a strong communication ongoing dialogue with the board about the performance of the business.
- Keep non-board investors informed on the state of the business.
- Support the growth of the culture & performance of the company.
- Former role as CFO or SVP of Finance + Operations of a private SaaS company.
- Previous experience overseeing finance, legal, people & operations teams.
- 10+ years of finance experience.
- 5+ years of experience at SaaS startups.
- Experience leading yearly financial audits, 409A valuations & preparing 3-statement financials.
- Experience preparing board materials & data rooms for fundraising activities.
- Previous experience in a financial role at a publicly traded company.
Great to Have
- Technical BS/MS degree in computer science or engineering
- Previous experience at platform SaaS company