Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology & processes to manage Visa's data assets & deliver value added information
products & services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence & Analytics, Marketing Services, Commercial Card, Fraud/Authentication & Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients & internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders & merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, & we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Our Program & ProjectManagers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively
developed, integrated & deployed with quality & on time delivery into our production systems.
We are actively looking for several talented Technical ProgramManagersto join our team.
- Coordinate & facilitateprogram & project activities such as planning, analysis, execution, andpost-implementation support
- Manage geographicallydistributed scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and
- Manage cross divisionalprogram/projects with annual budgets in excess of $3M
- Work withproduct ownersto develop product roadmaps which align to business objectives andresource availability
- Work with subject matterexperts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets,andproduce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Provide timely & accuratereporting on program progress to all stakeholders
- Proactivelyidentify andmitigate risks & manage issues, dependencies & impacts
- Interact confidently & accurately with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation teams & the like
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) in Business, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Project Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
- Excellent analytical skills & enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management & SDLC principles & practices & agile frameworks.
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document & communicate technical & business issuesand solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task & manage one's time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business & technical issues & influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- CSM certification is required. PMP & SPC certifications are highly preferred but not required.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, & SharePoint) required. Working knowledge of Clarity PPM & Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki, Tableau, & JIRA strongly preferred. As a member of the Technology organization, technical savvy, with desire & ability to learn new software is a must.
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning & execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams. Lead & negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments & communications for projects & initiatives.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, & Lean practices & work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed & deployed with quality & timely delivery into our production systems.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, & product managers to maximize ROI & meet company objectives. Understand product strategy & benefits of key deliverables in area of responsibility.
- Work with product owner to promote & contribute to the improvement of the product backlog
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, & other scrum ceremonies
- Facilitate discussion & conflict resolution
- Coach team in estimation techniques
- Develop metrics & reports using Rally to help the team understand its health & progress & to set goals
- Leadand coacha team in its Agile adoption
- Ensure clear communication & collaboration among the Product Owner & members of the Development team.
- Track & drive prioritization & remediation of security findings, compliance issues & other Visa mandated guidelines in a timely fashion
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.