At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
About the Role
Are you passionate about great consumer products & the talented teams that bring them to life? At ShopRunner, were looking for a Product Design Manager to mentor & manage the design team that creates our core membership experiences. As a Product Design Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure teamwork, communication, & a shared vision between the 3+ product designers, & their product management, engineering, marketing, & analytics counterparts. Were looking for someone who has excelled in their design craft, but takes the most joy in growing the skills & confidence of others. Your day-to-day will include:
- Elevating the voice of product design across the organization, advocating for customer empathy & a human-centered approach
- Spending time with product designers to provide thoughtful feedback, support, & alternative ideas
- Identifying places to improve consistency & process across teams, including support for our nascent design system, across web, email, & social experiences
- Leading cross-functional design-thinking sessions to solve complex customer problems & drive innovation
- Providing oversight & guidance for user research efforts across teams & stages of the product life cycle
- Collaborating closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists & other stakeholders to influence the overall product strategy & roadmap
- Finding opportunities & new mediums to share the research & design work with the broader company
- Partnering with the people experience team to recruit & retain great design talent
This role is a great opportunity for someone who:
- Believes that great teamwork is the exception, not the rule
- Is comfortable in the early stages of product development, including working through ambiguity to define new & exciting products & features
- Loves working on consumer products, especially in the fashion & retail space
The skills & experience that will make you successful are:
- 5+ years of product design experience with digital products
- 1+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile & data-driven environment
- Familiar with Figma & Validately/UserZoomGo (or similar design & usability testing tools)
- BA/BS degree in Design, UX, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or a related field -- or equivalent experience
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.