Come join Mozilla's Design & People Experiences team!
If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your technological skillset providing users solutions, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open & accessible, then this is the right position for you!
You will take part in new product design programs & contribute to usability improvements for current products, collaborating with teams of researchers, designers, & engineers & working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
While we have team members in different parts of the world, our team is dominantly distributed across North America, with larger hubs in Portland, OR & Toronto, Canada.
Day to day you will
- Apply usability testing & human-computer interaction techniques to assist with our user testing, documentation, & design activities.
- Facilitate individual to large group study sessions across a range of methods, including comparative & tradeoff assessments, guerrilla tests, A/B tests, card sorts, moderate/un-moderated research, remote usability, heuristics evaluations, & user experience assessments.
- Proactively support our research & design efforts by being a relentless user advocate & helping us deliver concepts & products that are safe & effective, easy to use, not prone to user error, & that delight end users.
- Identify, recruit & schedule users, incl. development & execution of screeners
- Collaborate closely across disciplines to articulate the value of user-centered design advocating for the end-user throughout the process.
- Employing both qualitative & quantitative analysis of data to formulate insights & informed decisions. Assess results, write reports, & present findings.
- Provide heuristic design guidance, ideas, & feedback to project teams & help identify use-cases & usability risks
- Establish & publish requirements & guidelines
- Work on multiple, concurrent projects, prioritizing tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining the quality of your work
- Support contextual & ethnographic research as well as individual/group interviews
Your professional profile...
- Min of 3 years of experience in a UX research role.
- You have a focused toolkit of user experience research & usability methods with the ability to select, scale, & adapt your toolkit to a variety of investigative, information-gathering, & analysis tasks
- Familiar with interaction design & web technology skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of testing techniques & experiences
- Self-starter who thrives on responsibility & accountability
- Comfortable with ambiguity & moving quickly from planning to execution
- Familiar with industry standards & trends in relation to usability, HCI & HFE
Extras (not required yet great plus)
- Proficiency or fluency in languages other than English (especially Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese or Arabic)
- Experience with research on augmented/virtual reality, security/privacy products & content curation/delivery.
- Experience with userzoom, usertesting.com or similar platforms
- Experience with machine learning or AI systems.
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience in an open-source environment.
- Experience working on a remote & distributed team.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including but not limited to women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, & persons of all sexual orientations & gender identities/expressions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.