The Design System Engineering team is at the epicenter of design-focused development. They push the boundaries of user experience at Compass. They help feature teams build the user interface that provides our customer a frictionless customer experience both on mobile & web.
As Design System Engineering Manager, you will lead the team through your technical know-how & design aesthetic to push Compass current UX standards to an even higher level. An eye for detail is as critical as an ability to see the big picture as your team develops reusable UI components.
You will be joining our Design System team, where youll develop the core building blocks that will be used to build experiences across the web & mobile for Compass customers. Youll work closely with our designers to create a cohesive & uniform experience & interactions, make sure our apps look beautiful, & that our customers feel excited across platforms. Youll be responsible for developing attractive & functional reusable components that work on a range of devices. You should be an advocate for the platforms native practices, accessibility, usability, & set the quality bar very high. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members & drive engineering excellence.
You are passionate about designing & building scalable systems using cutting-edge technologies. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration & facilitating continuous learning & improvement for the team & its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes & procedures.
At Compass, you will:
- Lead a team of UX engineers to develop clean, efficient & reusable component code.
- Evangelize & drive adoption of the design system across the company.
- Invent new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale.
- Collaborate with designers, writers, engineers & partners across the company.
- Actively participate in code & design reviews.
- Mentor & guide engineers across various teams & platforms.
What we look for:
- 3-5+ years relevant experience, with a minimum of 1-2 years leading an Engineering team.
- Deep understanding of app performance & accessibility.
- Hands-on experience with user-centric apps in at least web or mobile, but have exposure to both.
- Passion for user experience & eagerness to learn new paradigms on mobile.
- Experience in designing, developing, & maintaining complex libraries that were used by multiple teams.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams & products.
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering & across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives.
- Excellent mentoring & review skills to help engineers make technical & career progress.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out ourEngineering blog!