Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is looking for a particularly gifted & versatile Concept Artist to participate in the development of a sci-fi team lead based PvP game.
The Concept Artist will work in a cooperative & interdisciplinary team environment to conceptualize the universe of a sci-figame.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in conceptualization, design & illustration of a wide range of environments, objects, characters & architectures. An academic understanding of the form, structure, color & exceptional lighting & a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position.
- Create digital paintings inspired for the marketing & production teams;
- Create sketches, studies & designs of characters, accessories & special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements & screen overlays (paintovers);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas & knowledge, & undertaking research & gathering of data before starting a new task to ensure effective management & achievement of the objectives by identifying the graphic requirements of the game, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction & the technological requirements;
- Responsible for designing & presenting the visual style of the game while respecting the artistic vision given by the Artistic Director;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, & then add the details required to reach final & specific concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, drawing, art, visual arts or equivalent or related fields;
- At least 3 years experience as a conceptual artist / Illustrator
- Experience with 3D (Maya, 3dsMax) software;
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light & atmosphere & how to use them correctly in the reproduction of the concept;
- Be able to quickly express the vision in terms of linear art & color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition & interpretation;
- In-depth knowledge of drawing software solutions; for example, Photoshop;
- Solid base for traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, & illustration;
- Be able to work in a variety of styles & specific styles, also sometimes produced by another artist or artistic director;
- Autonomous, good communicator & an excellent team player;
- Able to work under pressure & sometimes according to dates & onerous deadlines;
- Unconditional lover of video games;
- The ideal candidate has previous & relevant experience in the field of video games, film or in an agency & understand the workings of creation of digital art;
- Ability to adapt easily to change Good oral & written communication;
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.