Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Curative Associate who is adaptable, resourceful, & deadline driven. You are passionate about exceptional customer service & understand that technology has a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What You'll Do Here
- Research & resolve outstanding liens, payoffs, judgements, & other title issues in Texas & multiple states.
- Determine heirs pursuant to Laws of Descent & Distribution & coordinate with doc prep attorney for preparation of Affidavit of Heirship.
- Determine when title requirements can change the loan type & convey to Lender.
- Work with Underwriters & management to resolve escalated title issues.
- The main point of contact for title related matters for the Lender, Consumer & Closer.
- Deliver a clear to close commitment within the required SLA to the Lender & Closer.
- 2 to 3 years of Title Curative experience.
- Knowledge of title searches, title examination & lien clearance in multiple states
- Ability to work under a self-directed model with limited supervision
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal & external customers at all levels.
- Ability to work in an accurate, detail-oriented & highly productive manner.
- Strong customer service skills & the ability to negotiate issues to resolution
- Prior work experience with a law firm, mortgage servicer or lender is preferred.
- Creative problem-solving skills. Strong communication skills, verbal & written