As a Cerfitied B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-drive company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming & fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies & bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World. AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, & we need someone special who can bring their experience to the Office of the CEO. Candidates must be aligned with our mission & be passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible 'change-the-world', high tech, data driven, & industry-leading company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- Patented & trace-secret growing methods that allow us to achieve up to 390 times the productivity of conventional field farming while using up to 95% less water.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support & partner with you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, & strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
As a member of the Office of the CEO, the Chief of Staff will work directly with the CEO & other C-suite level executives in setting the strategy for AeroFarms. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to execute key projects & initiatives across the company. Ultimately, the CoS possesses strong leadership qualities & is a detail-oriented, organized, analytical, & strategic thinker.
- Support the CEO in setting the overall strategy of the company & in day-to-day operations
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to the CEO & company
- Drive execution of action items & top priorities agreed upon by the CEO & the executive team
- Drive operational & planning processes to completion in partnership with the executive team & the broader organization
- Create structure & focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the executive team is exploring & bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Own & continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, leadership offsites, quarterly OKRs reviews, quarterly board meetings)
- Support the productivity of leadership meetings by owning the planning, agenda, & notes
- Distill discussions & thoughts from team meetings into strategic plans
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large (e.g. research, modeling, internal initiatives, expansion efforts, partnerships, etc.)
- Ensure that Mission, Vision, & Principles are properly developed & communicated across teams
- Represent AeroFarms at conferences & meetings
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent track record of professional & academic achievement
- MBA preferred but not necessary
- Past experience working directly with C-suite/VP level on a regular basis preferred but not necessary
- Background in strategic consulting or investment banking preferred but not necessary
- Reputation as a strategic thinker
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial & a self-starter
- Ability to multitask & understand how to prioritize tasks based on importance vs. immediacy
- Ability to collect & analyze data from multiple points both from inside & outside the organization
- Extensive knowledge of unit economics, business operations, & corporate development & strategy
- High EQ & strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders across various functional disciplines to understand their respective challenges & motivations
- Ability to work well with executives, & able to lead & influence across multiple levels & functions of an organization
- Comfortable working in time-sensitive & rapidly evolving situations
- High tolerance for ambiguity & complexity, while being efficient with limited resources
- Mature judgment & discretion in keeping sensitive information confidential
- Proven to be a highly organized operator
- Level of attention to detail that is second to none
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Advanced understanding of MS PowerPoint, Excel, & Word (or equivalent) to develop executive presentations & documents
- Sense of humbleness with no job being too big or too small to undertake
- Positive attitude
- Aspiration to grow your career with AeroFarms
- Commitment to our corporate Mission, Vision, & Principles
You may have:
- Experience in business expansion & pipeline development
- Experience in sourcing, leading, & executing deals
- Ability to conduct market research & analysis that informs project selection
- Ability to assimilate research & build business cases for market development
- Understanding of key financial concepts
- Ability to formulate budgets & financial models