Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Love to deal with multiple technologies in complex environments? Want to create the solutions you envision for the largest organizations in the world? Ready to advise the modern software engineering practice on pioneer projects?
We invite you to materialize your aspirations in a company where opportunities abound for building an amazing future, where discovering the value & potential of a new technology, Data Virtualization, will be the beauty of your daily routine.
Our customers span all market segments & geographies. And we partner with leading & reputable companies across the globe. This combination makes Denodo a fun & exciting environment to work. A place where your work will have an impact. A place where you're invited to push the boundaries of possibility.
Join an international team in pursuing mastery, value & success in a global environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your mission: to help people realize their full potential through accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo solutions.
In this role you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise & client management skills to conduct on-site & off-site consulting, product implementation & solutions development in either short or long-term engagements being critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partners & client teams.
Product & technical knowledge:
- Obtain & maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key & advanced features & benefits, services offerings, differentiation, & competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things & maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture & general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based & beyond client's requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Presentation & organizational skills:
- Train & engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, & use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when & where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, & make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge & best practices while managing deliverables & client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client & build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners & colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting, training & support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts.
- Fluent in English to join a global team & perform internationally.
- Active listener.
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML & Web Services APIs.
- Solid understanding of SQL & good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice.
- Willingness to travel around 50%.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches & technologies such as JCS.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation & integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, ).
- Experience in Java, especially in the web & database fields.
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings & writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.