We are looking for a smart, driven, & detail-oriented Merchandising Coordinator who wants to dive in & learn the nuts & bolts of merchandising. This is an entry level position. This person is responsible for data cleansing & data entry tasks to support assortment launches on the site. The ideal candidate does not require any previous experience in e-commerce, but must have a curiosity & demonstrate interest as well as have a strong desire to gain the technical & practical knowledge required to launch a career in buying. This person will report a Buyer & work closely with all members of the Merchandising Team (based in New York, NY) & primarily support the Kitchen of Tabletop departments.
- Format assortment spreadsheets to be ready for sku creation including information around product descriptions, copy, image uploads, & pricing in an accurate & timely manner. This may involve some external communication with vendors.
- Rename images & upload in the internal Zola Admin system
- Create product kits, group collections, & bundles to properly to help the customer see related items together on the site
- Research competitive pricing & key price changes as well as promotions
- Track & log site placements
- Pull SKU IDs & populate Starter Collections to support storytelling on the site
- Support the merchandising team, performing ad hoc or administrative tasks as necessary
- Support the department's visual merchandising on the site.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Entry level; 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to learn technical & business skills quickly in the role
- Strong written & verbal communication required
- Must be deadline oriented
- Ability to adjust priorities & manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of follow through
- Ability to handle multiple demands while maintaining a high level of organization & attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive in nature; resolves or appropriately escalates issues
- Ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally & in writing
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Excel proficiency; advanced pivot table & vlookup experience a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interest in startups & new businesses (experience in an early stage company a plus)
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!
REQUIREMENT: Please address your cover letter to Kathleen DeTurris. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.