We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Vacasa Community Association Management?
Here at Vacasa Community Association Management, we are bringing our expertise to association management. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities & have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch & challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, & to be part of our collective growth as a company & a team...and so far, it's been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
Were searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. Were looking for people who are excited to embody our values every day as part of the team.
What were looking for
We are looking for a Community Association Accountant to join our team. A person acting in this position must have a strong understanding of accounting principles coupled with attention to detail. In order for this candidate to be successful, he/she must be highly self-motivated & directed, committed to solving problems efficiently, & interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth & improvement. This is a position that must be able to set the standard for integrity, professionalism, & interact with a diverse team.
What youll do
- Reconcile monthly association bank statements
- Process payments to vendors on a timely basis or as funds become available
- Prepare & send to the Board of Directors, all association financials, balance sheet, statement of operations, general ledger, & any other required reports
- Make monthly & year-end journal entries
- Assist with preparation of documents for tax returns & financial audits
- Prepare accounting reports for board & annual HOA meetings & brief the Community Association Manager on these reports prior to HOA meetings
- When required, present reports at HOA meetings
- Communication with internal & external parties
- Post & maintain budgets & financial reports to each of the associations AppFolio portal or website for homeowner reference
- Budget preparation for community associations
- Special projects & research as assigned
Skills youll need
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Proficient in accounting software systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication
- A thorough understanding of Community Association laws & regulations as they relate to accounting principles
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced & highly cross-functional organization
- Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to creative & detailed execution
- Strong interpersonal & problem-solving skills, & a love for helping others see a path forward
- Tolerance for ambiguity, & the ability to stay focused on getting results
- Ability to work from home & resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MT, NC, NH, NM, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.