Were seeking a Service Supervisor to join our Operation team. The Service Supervisor will report directly to the Service Manager.
What Youll Do:
As a Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for assuring the success of all programs, while maintaining a profitable operation & high-quality products & service levels. Service Supervisors are also expected to share ideas to promote business & assist with scheduling & leading the service team. In this role, you will use Convenes Core Values to guide your day-to-day & ensure our clients have a wonderful experience.
- Supervise & set up the service of culinary in a quick & efficient manner to participants & ensure that it follows the Program Execution Order
- Supervise the service team & support staff including setup, utilities, maintenance, & security
- Coordinate culinary service between the culinary team & service team
- Monitor inventory & keep culinary informed of accurate counts
- Enforce all rules & regulations & ability to carry out all safety & emergency programs
- Follow & health & safety regulations & ensure sanitations & cleanliness of service areas
- Be involved in and/or conduct ongoing training of service specialist to maintain standards of service
- Manage opening and/or closing inspection duties
- Maintain service cleanliness in front & back of the sit
- Ensure positive overall client satisfaction
- Ability to interact with guests and/or associates in a courteous, empathetic, & discreet manner
- Adhere to basic hygiene procedures & grooming standards
- Lead & perform duties of service technician during shift
What We Look For:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in a conference center or a related field
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred
- Strong knowledge of service standards, & different service types
- Knowledge of food & beverage preparation techniques, health department rules & regulations, liquor laws & regulations
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.