Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Developer Experience
We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing & we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that focuses on improving developer pipelines & integrating changes more frequently. The team is responsible for our delivery pipeline infrastructure. We develop the CI/CD paved path, which makes service integration & deployment easier. Developers can use this infrastructure to own & integrate their services. The team defines & supports various deployment models (Blue-Green, Canary, Rolling) as well as release orchestration & automation gates (image scanning, dependency checks, testing, production readiness, SDLC best practices & policies). Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), were starting to push the limits. We have begun deploying services to the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) & want to continue helping our developers use this infrastructure to own & integrate their services.
What youll do:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, & automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, & deliver their services as quickly & easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify & resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, & maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
What youll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines & creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
- Experience with K8S & CI/CD tools, including the benefits & challenges.
- Hiring Manager: Mike OBrien
- Recruiter: Dave Capellini
Employee Applicant Requirements
- Employees need to be in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Please talk with your current manager before applying to this role.
- Be prepared to share the following information;
- Goals for taking on the new role;
- Any success drivers you feel are relevant; and
- Why youll add value to the team on day one.
Internal Opportunity Principles
- We empower our employees to find career opportunities by creating transparency for all open roles & making decisions in a fair & timely way.
- We play the long game & are dedicated to providing opportunities at the right time in the business cycle to make sure our customers experience is protected. All squad positions will remain in place during peak season of September-December.
- Flexport employees are our most valuable asset & should have a positive experience when being considered for an internal opportunity.
- We will adjust your compensation to align it with the salary range for that role & local market. We will offer relocation assistance if you relocate to another office.
- Leveling for an internal offer is dictated by performance during the interview process & is decided after all interviews are completed.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to learn more about internal movement at Flexport? Check out this page!