At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build a business intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale enterprise modern data lake & EDW that combines massive petabyte scale traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product, finance, marketing, customer support, sales etc. & enabling easier consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting, adhoc/exploratory analytics & advanced insights using data science models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a Big Data(EDW/Analytics) Engineers to come join Cloudflare & help us build a scalable petabyte scale data lake & EDW using modern tech stack from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data engineering background with product & business acumen to deliver scalable data pipeline & BI solutions that can enable self-service analytics at Cloudflare in a simple & standard manner. This person will also play a crucial role in hiring & growing the business intelligence team in Austin in a rapid manner.
What we look for: Agile Delivery & Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build & Support scalable & reliable data solutions that can enable self-service reporting & advanced analytics at Cloudflare using modern data lake & EDW technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in a agile manner.
- Strong understanding of business & product data needs.
- Close partnership with internal stakeholders & partners from Engineering, product, & business(Finance, Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Active role in hiring & growing the team in Austin with data Engineers, analysts, & data scientists.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 3+ years of development experience in Big data space working with Petabytes of data & building large scale data solutions.
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud Platform, Hadoop, Python, Spark, Hive, & Kafka.
- Experience in all aspects of data systems(both Big data & traditional) including data schema design, ETL, aggregation strategy, & performance optimization.
- Capable of working closely with business & product teams to ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives & are of high quality.
- Experience in hiring data Engineers preferred.
- Experience in Internet security industry preferred.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.