As a Sr. Software Engineer youll work closely with other members of the Core Services team to help build new backend services to power Vimeos high-performance infrastructure as well as improve the performance of existing services. We serve over 200 PB of video a month, with over 1.5 millennia of content uploaded each year! You will help ensure the Vimeo plumbing allows our developers to move quickly while maintaining the stability, availability, performance, & usability of the current system.
What you'll do:
- Help to plan service implementation & design, & work with the rest of the team to ensure the plan is workable.
- In your first 90 days, work with different teams to enhance & scale existing services. You may embed with our API, data, or product teams to help them build new services & answer questions about existing frameworks that Core Services maintains.
- By the end of your first year, build & get up & running multiple services (written in Go) by collaborating across Vimeos tech teams to ensure they are transitioning their services smoothly.
- Day-to-day, use your deep knowledge of service-oriented architectures, Golang, & distributed systems to plan & build core components & architecture. Youll build the infrastructure that is used throughout Vimeo to help us shed legacy baggage & ensure our app is performant as we iterate & evolve.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Experience working high-throughput, high-availability, & cloud-deployed distributed applications
- Microservice implementation & design experience
- Production-level Golang & one other of PHP/Python/Ruby/C++
- SOA & service deployment
- Deep understanding of REST, GRPC, how the Internet works: TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS
- Strong Linux/UNIX fundamentals
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed metrics systems like Graphite, Statsd, or Prometheus
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.