Were looking for a leader who can partner with the Head of Investor Relations, Corporate Counsel, Corporate Marketing & People, & provide strategic leadership for the rapidly growing Investor Relations function at Asana. This position will serve primarily as the project lead for Asanas ESG reporting as well as a key player in Asanas overall investor marketing efforts. This role requires a self-starter & proven leader with demonstrated experience working with the institutional investor community & managing communications strategies. Reporting to the Head of IR, the Manager will enable Asana to communicate to key stakeholders in the investment community about our mission & how our environmental, social & governance initiatives support that mission. You will be a strategic contributor to investor relations & our corporate brand & identity as a mission-driven company & will work closely with all members of leadership.
- Build the company's ESG reporting function from the ground up, including strategy development, execution & communication. This includes designing & executing the ESG operating plan & budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine & prioritize the Companys near-term & long-range ESG vision.
- Help lead the development of the narratives for the ESG strategy & initiatives, tailored for stakeholder audiences.
- Measure & drive alignment of data-driven ESG goals & metrics.
- Maintain the ESG roadmap & project plan, driving accountability for achievement of goals & metrics.
- Plan & write ESG publications aimed at key stakeholder groups, including the annual corporate responsibility report, in coordination with subject matter experts & functional leads across the company.
- Manage responses to rating agencies & surveys, including SASB, TCFD & ISS.
- Coordinate reporting for social impact & green initiatives.
- Coordinate the sourcing & validation of ESG data & content for reporting & responses to stakeholder queries.
- Maintain expertise in global ESG trends & standards & educate internal stakeholders.
- Review & summarize ESG industry reports & aggregate information from various data sources
- Manage all aspects of the ESG reporting process
- Manage the Companys participation & advocacy in conferences, meetings, & ESG roadshows
- Compile disclosures & data for use by senior management in meetings & discussions with investors & rating agencies
- Provide senior management with feedback & recommendations related to discussions with the investment community, & other advisors, regarding events & changes within the ESG landscape
- Work closely with senior staff to educate teams on reporting standards, requirements & timelines
- Provide editorial support for overall investor marketing content.
Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of experience in investor relations, sustainability reporting and/or other experience in investment stewardship.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills & attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with Legal, marketing, HR, strategy, product & sales functions to understand & influence business trends & incorporate this understanding into strategy, external messaging & communications
- Experience managing multiple priorities & finding creative solutions to complex challenges Strong written & oral communication skills with ability to adapt to different formats (press releases, annual reports, website, etc.)
- Advanced communications skills (written & oral) & relationship skills
- Excellent quantitative skills & established analytical ability
- A working knowledge of leading ESG frameworks; SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc.
- Keen intellect, unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency & the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical & strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build relationships with & interact effectively with investors & rating agencies, as well as executive management, peers, & subordinates
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Sustainability or Economics
- Some travel required
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, & technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster & accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work & thrive, & building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status.