The Manager, Audience Engagement will work with Topic.coms Director of Audience Engagement to help identify opportunities for engagement across the website, newsletters, Roku/apps, Apple News, & other owned platforms, as well as research & execute partnerships with other brands.
The Manager will help to produce website content, making sure the site is updated, laid out correctly, & optimized for opportunities for recirculation, newsletter signups, & sharing. They will also help produce newsletters, maintaining & improving workflow & messaging to engage these valuable fans of the brand. They will stay current on the latest newsletter strategies & functionalities, always looking for more opportunities for user engagement.
They will help to ensure that our apps, Apple News, & other owned platforms are updated & optimized to get our content to fit on these platforms & perform well. The Manager will help to maintain partner relationships & seek new ones, making sure our content can see reach beyond our own subscribers & site visitors by engaging with outside audiences.
The Manager, Audience Engagement will be an integral member of the Topic.com team & will report to the Director, Audience Engagement.
- Working with Topic.coms Director of Audience Engagement to formulate & execute engagement strategy across our website, newsletters, apps.
- Managing newsletter subscriber groups & segments & looking for ways to retain loyal subscribers, re-engage dormant audience, & attract new signups.
- Managing A/B testing, re-engagement campaigns, sweepstakes opportunities, popup messaging & management on site & apps.
- Website & newsletter production, including writing copy, image editing, SEO.
- Researching competitors to enhance our own products & stay current with the latest trends.
- Researching similar brands for collaborative promotion, swaps, & other partnerships to help build our website following & newsletter subscriber base.
- Brainstorming enhancements to our site, newsletters, apps, & other owned areas for optimal audience engagement & traffic opportunities.
- Working with First Look Medias other brands (The Nib, The Intercept, Field of Vision) to identify & act on opportunities for cross-brand promotion & engagement.
Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in web & newsletter production, digital strategy, & audience development/engagement.
- General knowledge of the newsletter universe, latest best practices, & A/B testing.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics & ability to generate reports & analyze findings to put into action what we know about how our audience behaves.
- Experience collaborating with other brands.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.