Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to help test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Senior Scientist in the Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a team environment & independently to develop, test & validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
- Think creatively & apply knowledge to design & validate control assays for building oncology diagnostics NGS workflows & reagent components
- Document product development requirements & validation results
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 3-5 years (Scientist II) 5-8 years (Senior Scientist) of experience in genomics or molecular biology, preferably developing IVDs
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays, preferably in regulated environments.
- Hands on technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & rigorous product development practices
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS data
- Comfort with data analysis tools (R, Python, JMP, IGV, etc)
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills
- Good organization skills, & detailed orientated
- Self-driven & strong team player with proven track record
- Experience with development under a regulated environment (FDA QSR/ISO13485/ISO15189)
- 3+ years of experience in biotech industry preferably in cell-free nucleic acids and/or NGS field
- Experience with liquid handling platforms is a plus
- Sense of Humor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.